Sign Up For Summer Camp
Want to Know How To Have Your Troop Attend Tomahawk?
How to Reserve a Campsite
Picking a Campsite
Please review the sub-camp maps to locate where campsites are. Google street views are available for most campsites. Campsite availability can be viewed through the registration websites below.
View Campsite Details
You can see campsite availability and reserve a campsite online with the links below. Payments and deposits can also be made online.
The Northern Star Council Camping Committee has developed a policy that provides units reserved for the coming summer the first opportunity to reserve their same campsite for the same session the following summer.
There are two distinct time periods when reservations can be made for Tomahawk:
- Priority Reservation: Beginning on March 1st of the current year through 12:00pm on the final day of their current year's camp session, units with a reservation to attend camp for the current summer have the exclusive opportunity to reserve the same campsite for the same session for the following summer.
- General Reservation: Beginning at 12:00pm the day after each camp session ends, any units may make a reservation for any open campsite for the concluded session for the following summer.
For example, a unit with a campsite reserved for Week 2 for 2024 will be able to book that same campsite for Week 2 of 2025 starting March 1st. They will be the only unit able to book that cabin until noon on the Saturday of Week 2 of 2024. After noon, any unit can book that campsite for 2025 if the units did not choose to book it.
* Reservations made for a future year may be canceled if the unit does not attend camp as reserved in the current year. For example, if you book your same campsite for Week 2 for the following year but cancel your reservation for the coming summer, your reservation for the following summer may be cancelled.
2024 reservations are open now! There are two different ways to register for 2024.
If you have a 2023 registration and would like to come during the same week as you currently are:
- Log into your 2023 registration
- Look for the orange "2024 Site Saver" button on the right-hand side
- Click the button and follow the prompts the system gives you from there
Otherwise, any unit can book using the buttons below after May 1st, 2023:
Chippewa Sioux White Pine
If you are having any issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-261-2455.
- June 16 - June 22
- June 23 - June 29
- June 30 - July 6
- July 7 - July 13
- July 14 -July 20
- July 21 - July 27
- July 28 - August 3
- August 4 - August 10
How much does it cost to Reserve a Campsite?
There is a $100 non-refundable deposit for each campsite reserved.
Our goal is to be available to all Scouts who wish to enjoy our summer camp experience. As such, units bringing less than 50% of their campsite's capacity may be required to share their campsite or be relocated to a different campsite. Units unwilling to share when asked will be charged a minimum of 50% of the campsite capacity in Scout fees.
Summer Camp Fees
- Youth Camper: $375
- Adult Camper: $135
EARLY DISCOUNTS AND Late Fees
There is no early discount for registering early. There is a $25 late fee for youth not paid in full before the June 1st full payment deadline. There is not an early discount or late fee for adults.
Limited Service (providing your own Food)
For units that decide to bring and cook their own food at camp, there will be a $45 discount provided to each full week participant. This discount will be prorated for any campers attending camp 4 or less days.
Older Scout program fees
Older Scout Programs participants received instruction from specialized staff and have access to specialized program equipment. As such there is an additional fee for these programs. Additional fees are anywhere from $5 to $50 for most programs. Please see the Program Catalog, linked in the programs page, for more information about programs' fees.
There are fees for using camp-provided equipment. Please see the fees on the camp-provided equipment page.
- $100.00 non-refundable campsite deposit made at time of the reservation.
- $50.00 per Scout deposit (non-refundable) due on or before April 15
- Full Camper Fee payment is due on June 1st.
- Any incidentals incurred at camp will be due upon checkout.
How to make payments
Payments are made online through the Scouting Event website. Camp Coordinators will receive an email with link to their reservation after booking a campsite. Coordinators can set up a parent portal which allows individual families to log in, view their Scout's account, and make payments.
For Northern Star Scouts that are not able to afford the full fee of camp, there is financial support available. This assistance is called a campership and is provided by donors in Northern Star Council for Northern Star Scouts only. Please review the financial assistance page for more information.
Scouts from other councils should reach out to their council to see if their council has a similar program.