Camp staff is an experience that is truly unforgettable. It is a chance to spend your whole summer working at a beautiful camp teaching kids and having fun. Every day is rewarding to you as staff and to the campers whose lives you have made a difference. Camp work is often demanding, as we keep a packed schedule running for the campers we serve, but the opportunities, rewards, and experiences available to you on camp staff are endless. Serving on camp staff is the best way to spend a summer.
Online Staff Application
As a Tomahawk Scout Camp staff member, you will gain:
- Free room and board for the summer
- Competitive salary
- Strong experience sought by employers
- Unique teaching and learning opportunities daily
- Memories and friendships to last a lifetime
- The opportunity to make a difference in a life
- Personal growth and self-confidence
- Unlimited fun!
- 15-17 year old positions start at $2,350 plus room and board
- 18+ year old positions start at $2,750 ending on position and experience, plus room and board
- Assistant Director / Area Director positions start at $2950 depending on position and experience, plus room and board
- Specialty Trained Director positions start at $4,300 depending on position and experience, plus room and board
Staff members that have completed their second summer at camp in good standing and are enrolled in college full-time qualify for the Andersen Scholarship. This scholarship is paid out as a check directly to the staff member. The Andersen scholarship starts at $1000 and can go up to $2000, depending on the number of years served on summer camp staff for Northern Star Scouting.
Staff sleep in two person wall tents on platforms. Each staff member receives a bed, mattress, mosquito netting, and a wall locker.
Once you've Been HIred
- You will first be offered a verbal hire from one of our camp directors. At that time, they will share with you your start date and end date. They will also share some rough dates for any pre-camp trainings that you will need to complete in person before camp.
- In the Spring, you will received a link giving you access to our online on-boarding portal. This will be sent to you via email so be sure to check your email routinely so you don't miss any important information. The on-boarding portal is where you will submit important documents, sign your contract, and be given access to online trainings.
- You should complete the pre-camp staff survey (look in related content on this page)
- Review the staff packing list
- Contact your camp director with any questions you might have about the upcoming season.