Trading Post and Patches
Camp Trading Posts
How much money should my Scout bring?
The average amount spent per camper last summer was about $50. This allows them to purchase snacks throughout the week and to bring home a souvenir! The Trading Posts function as a great way for scouts to learn to manage their money and make it last the whole week.
- Slushy: $2
- Pop: $1
- Candy: $2
- Ice Cream: $2
- Hats: $15-$22
- T-Shirts: $10-$25
- Sweatshirts: $35-$50
- Pocket Knife: $10-$20
where are they?
Tomahawk has five camp trading posts on the property. There is a trading post available in each sub-camp as well as a camp-wide trading post available at Berglund Center.
Custom Pre-Order T-Shirts
Your troop can order a customized Tomahawk shirt. Wear Tomahawk shirts around camp, showing off your troop number and hometown on the sleeve.
- Orders are placed in advance of camp and are shipped to you.
- Pay online
- Choose your color, cut, size, and shirt material
- Order by May 15th to get your shirts by June 15th.
- Order by June 12th to get your shirts by July 17th
Order Your Custom Pre-Order T-Shirt
What is a Segment?
A segment is a curved patch designed to go around a standard 3-inch in diameter circular patch. A segment is our way of recognizing Scout's achievements made during their time at Tomahawk. Since they recognize and reward Scouts for participation in activities, we use them to encourage Scouts to do activities they normally would not consider doing. Tomahawk Scout Reservation has segments for many of our activities, so some segments are easier to earn than others, allowing anyone to participate!
Many troops make it a tradition to hand out segments alongside their merit badges during a Court of Honor, allowing scouts to be recognized for their achievements made during their week at Tomahawk Scout Reservation.
Merit Badge and Segment Sales
- We'll automatically make a merit badge order for your troop based on what was completed at camp. If you don't wish to have us make an order for you, you can opt out by simply letting us know.
- You can pick up the order on Saturday from Central Services when you checkout
- The order will be charged to your ScoutingEvent account. The order will then be reflected on your final bill, which will be paid Saturday morning at check out.
- Segments will be available for sale anytime in your camp trading post along with other patches