1st Year Camper Program: Brownsea
A Skilled Focused Program Based in Fun!
The Brownsea first-time camper program is an exposure program to the outdoor skills needed for advancement. Though Brownsea teaches Scouts many of the skills needed to earn the First Class rank, it is the duty of the unit leaders or troop guides to sign-off on the requirements.
when can I participate?
The Brownsea Program takes place during the 1A and 1B merit badge blocks, meaning Scouts will attend for the first half of every morning.
where do I go?
- The Parade Field in your Sub-Camp
What do I earn?
- Scout: 4a, 5
- Tenderfoot: 3a-c, 3d, 5a-c
- Second Class: 1b, 2a-d, 2f, 2g, 3a, 3c, 3d, 4, 6a-e
- First Class: 3a-c, 4a, 5a-d, 7a, 7b
- Though Brownsea teaches these skills, it is the duty of the unit leaders or troop guides to sign off on the requirements.
Adult leader support
At least one leader from each unit with Scouts enrolled in the Brownsea program should attend alongside the Scouts to help with instruction, organization, and skill testing.
- Brownsea Evenings: If there are additional requirements you would like to have covered with your Scouts there will be evenings in each of the areas where the Brownsea Staff will cover extra requirements. Requirements that can be covered through Brownsea Nights include but are not limited to:
- Scout 1a-1f, 3a, 4b
- Tenderfoot: 1c, 3a-3c, 4a-4c, 5a-c, 7a, 8
- Second Class: 5a-5d, 8a, 8b
- First Class: 3d, 4b, 6a-e, 7c, 7f
- Brownsea Nights will be posted at Camp by the Brownsea Director.